Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Smoke Jumpers


Much like my fascination for mushrooms, I'm also generally fascinated with forests, the more densely arboreal and primeval the better. Lucky enough to live a short hop from Muir Woods national park, I'm out there often and not long ago went with camera, miniatures, a great new assistant and a mission. 

A job I've never had but one that seems like a life changing, paradigm shifting good time is that of Smoke Jumper. You know, those fearless folks that parachute into wild areas to fight fires? Yes, exactly. The whole things is just hip and about as honest an adventure one could hope for. 

So, when I spotted a nice little outcrop of mushrooms I dropped my 1/87th scale smoke jumpers into action and let them get to work. The shots are looking great and as usual, I learned a thing or two that will make the next images that much better. Looking forward to my next trip to Muir Woods.  




1 comment:

  1. Looks superb - especially the second one for me... more please :-)

    ReplyDelete